Thursday 9 October 2008

Footy Final Fever



(Warning - this post may cause homesickness in expats and utter incomprehension in non-Aussies)
I'm usually content to watch the Grand Final at home, but at the last minute we decided to go along. It was a great day, a historic day actually, and while I do not support the winning team,(I go for the red & white team who were only there for the half-time fun) they deserved their victory. It is much more exciting being at the ground, and the entertainment was fun; I loved the Navy helicopter circling the ground and landing in the centre to deliver the trophy (in fact, I was much more excited than the seven year old sitting next to me!) The crowd were friendly, there were no queues for anything, even for the trains at the end of the day. All over now till next year......

No comments: