Monday 16 April 2007

Act Now


Theatresports are having a season at the New Theatre at Newtown, so I picked up the phone and booked two tickets for last night. Paull jumped at the chance, so we went early to Newtown to browse in the bookshops and other fascinating little shops in King Street. The choice of cafes and restaurants there is huge, but we went with Thai which was delicious. The New Theatre is up some creaky old stairs in an old shopfront and has a suitably decadent feel. The Improv. was fantastic, fast and funny (just realised that was an alliteration) and makes you wonder at the bravery and quick-thinking of the players. It gave me new ideas for drama lessons next term....

2 comments:

patti said...

Sounds like very stimulating theatre, kids would love to do that sort of thing. You had my mouth watering thinking about Thai food! I do plan to sell my designs (thanks for the compliment) on Etsy, a US based internet buyers and sellers market for Arts and Crafts. So we'll see what happens.

Anonymous said...

What a beautiful flower...what is it?

I really love theatre sports! All my kids took theatre in Secondary School and theatre sports/improv was their favorite. My daughter Meghan went on to study theatre in College so I was surrounded by drama (in more ways than one!) LOL!