Friday 6 January 2012

Reflecting

I fly home tomorrow, and Paull has booked a fascinating theatre experience for us tonight. I think I'll explain that better after the event. Meanwhile, I've been reflecting on the experiences I've had here. I've been part of a family's Christmas, and seen snow on Christmas day. I've walked the trail that Paul Revere rode and stood in front of THe Little Ballerina. I've seen Rivera's murals and a section of the Berlin Wall.I've gazed sadly upon the radio transmitter from the top of the World Trade Centre, mangled and charred. I've stood exactly in the spot that Abraham Lincoln's assassin stood in the Ford theatre. I've spent valuable time with my son and time in the company of a great bunch of young people, and I believe that the future is in good hands. I've seen a pencil sketch by the nine year old Picasso, and gazed upon works of art by Warhol, Renoir, Matisse, Monet, Degas, Vermeer, Cezanne, et al.I've even ridden a bicycle alongside the Potomac River from Georgetown to the mall. I've had dinner in the restaurant where JFK proposed to Jackie...

Today I'll take it easy and wander around Central Park before meeting Paull for the theatre/experience. Tomorrow, up in the air and down to earth!

No comments: