Sunday 3 May 2009

Oh what a beautiful morning....


Oh what a beautiful day....


That's always been my favourite song from Oklahoma - oops, is it bad to have a favourite song from Oklahoma? (note to Paull & Eliza: we took you to see it when you were very young - and you loved it!) I was reminded of it today when I woke up early, for a Sunday, took a cup of tea and my book back to bed, then just had to get up and go for a walk.

The sky was blue, just the slightest hint of Autumn in the air; the river was a mirror, kookaburras were laughing; I let the dogs free on the cricket ground, and the three of us ran and ran, just because we could; early tennis players were warming up on the RSL courts. Friendly people, with and without dogs, greeted us as we passed. Pelicans floated on the creek; "crazy bottle guy" peddled by on his tricycle, collecting any discarded bottles as he went....and I wondered - does he call me "crazy dog lady"??

Lunchtime found us down by the river with a seafood grill from the world's best fish 'n' chip shop and a bottle of Henksche Semillon (that I won in a raffle).

Oh what a beautiful day!

3 comments:

Paull said...

Sounds like a great day!

Is the picture of Beavis from this week? Or another time? Looks like she's flying!

martie said...

What a PERFECT morning! And a wonderful start to the day. We have just the hint of summer in the air - long awaited for!

Forever Young said...

I do not remember seeing Oklahoma? xxx I am sure I liked it though! p.s you are crazy dog lady...