Monday 18 May 2009

Mum's new toys




I've had a flurry of activity recently. Maybe spurred on by the kind gift from our Government to "stimulate" the economy, I've been patriotically doing my bit. I'd been thinking about changing my car for a while - it has never given me a minute of trouble, but common wisdom says to change over while it is still worth something. So, seduced by the thought of airbags, central locking, four doors, keyless entry with a panic button (non of which my green lancer coupe has) I did a deal. Now I'm enjoying zipping around town in my little silver four-door Micra with airbags, central locking etc etc. Even better, the dealer paid for the rego & Greenslip & tinted windows, so grateful were they to have my business. So what do you do when you've just saved money? Spend it! It is good for the economy....so I bought my pride & joy, an Eee-PC. Now I can check my e-mails & Skype with Paull anywhere from the kitchen, backyard or the local coffee shop- I just put my tiny, weeny little computer into my tiny, weeny little car and off I go.......

4 comments:

Paull said...

Very cool mum!

Sorrow said...

Oh..
gotta love skype...
But it would be very hard for me to part with my beat up 20+ year old pick up truck.
She's my baby!!!
LOL
thank you for doing your economic part!

Annie said...

Wheeeeeee!
I have a new laptop too! I love it! I'm at the kitchen table waiting for water to boil checking out my sisters' blogs! Can't wait to have a go in your new car- if you'll let me.

martie said...

Wow! What fun! A new car and a new PC! That car looks lovely! I have a laptop too, which I love. Makes traveling so much nicer...