Tuesday 18 November 2008

November


Sydney in November is - purple. The Jacaranda trees burst into colour seemingly overnight. Whole streets are covered in purple blooms,and your car if you park under them. A town on the North Coast, Grafton, has an annual Jacaranda Festival.(I'm not sure what that entails, having never attended). This post is for Annie, whose November birthday is heralded by the blooming of these purple flowers. By December, they'll be gone - so we'll enjoy the burst of colour while we can.

4 comments:

Kate I said...

OMG, I thought our streets lined with springtime cherry blossoms were gorgeous but this is STUPENDOUS! It's soooo beautiful! Thank you for sharing this picture, I just love it.

Sorrow said...

Wow! I have never seen anything like that!
how big are the petals when they fall? and do they rain down? does it have a fragrance?

SoapGecko said...

OMG! BEAUTIFUL!!!! I didn't know anything like this existed so I am so happy you posted this. They are wonderful. If I'm lucky enough to travel to Australia I'll have to be sure to come in November (and the the right areas) so I can see these first hand.

Annie said...

Thank you Cate for the gorgeous photo of the Jacarandas. They are truly beautiful. Where was this pic taken??