Wednesday 1 August 2007

Pay attention!















One beginner's art class and I'm seeing art everywhere. That puddle sure looks like a snake!- and the red on that branch and leaf is brilliant. I think that nature can outdo the best artist every time - what do you think?

I loved the scribbly gum,too - took lots of shots of that one.
The art class was great, I've learned lots already. I've always been puzzled about how to turn my sketching into a painting. The mystery is slowly revealing itself!
It doesn't matter that none of us will create "great" art - we are focusing, learning, relaxing and creating. Surely a creative society is a better society?


7 comments:

MissKris said...

Hello, Cate! I'm a first-time visitor coming over from BlogHer. I'm a 'newbie' there, too, tho I've been blogging for well over 2 years now. It was my daughter who helped me establish my blog, back when my father was dying and she felt I needed somewhere to vent. It's the best gift she ever gave me, too. Please stop by if you get a chance...I'm blogging from Portland, Oregon, in the US!

Paper Fan Club said...

I love how you capture the art with your camera and share your enthuasiasm so we can all appreciate the everyday art. The snake puddle is especially cool.

PS: Moonstruck IS my favorite movie of all time! :)

Brandi Reynolds said...

found you through bohemian mom-love your artist eye!

Anonymous said...

But that is the thing - most of us DO create great art. For example I love paintings by children much more than I do an art gallery of masters. It's the joyful expression that counts.

Anonymous said...

By the way, that snake looks like a large tadpole to me! The red branch is absolutely gorgeous - nature definitely wins every time.

Brandi Reynolds said...

your comment leaving worked :-)

Anonymous said...

That red branch is stunning...what a gorgous colour! Have fun with your art explorations...and what makes great art is so subjective!