Saturday 4 August 2007

Don't Prepare.....

My son and blogging mentor, Paull , has tagged me to give eight random facts about myself. I've decided to pick up the "eight" theme and run with it.......


  • At 8 years of age I was newly arrived from England to Australia. We lived at a Naval Base set next to an idyllic beach in a national park.

  • At 16 I found school boring but managed to top the school in English. Then I left.

  • At 24 I was living in Sydney after two years living and working in Papua New Guinea.

  • At 32 I was the proud mother of Paull, 2 and Eliza, 2 months old !

  • At 40 I was working for the Stroke Recovery Association and studying counselling.

  • At 48 I had completed two University degrees and begun a new career, teaching.

  • You'll have to wait a few years for the next instalment, so, um, our dogs, Beavis and Butthead, are 8 this year! (Never let your kids name your dogs)

  • I adore Lindt 85% dark chocolate ...................

I now tag - my entire blogroll!!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I can't believe the dogs are 8! I guess your post really shows how quickly 8 years can pass, but also how much your life can change in that time...

Great post mum :)

Yoga Gal said...

Love your quick facts about yourself!

Brandi Reynolds said...

you have dogs named beavis and butthead...lol.

that is awesome!

Anonymous said...

Lots of great milestones...and great ideas for pet names. ;)

Thanks for this!
-Kait

patti said...

I have nominated you for a blogger reflections award - come take a look!