Wednesday 16 July 2008

My poor feet....

Hush, puppies! In this city you walk and walk and walk, more so if you are a tourist. Three blocks to the subway on 86th, then more at your destination, plus the museums and districts. Yesterday I took the subway to Washington Square and walked and walked and walked around Greenwich Village and Soho - funky!

I met Paull in a pub and we walked and walked and walked around Little Italy - great food and cannoli and nearly good coffee - still can't beat Sydney for good coffee!

Breakfast in a diner this morning run by gangster look-alikes:
"What is your accent?"
"Australian"
"Oh, I thought at first you was from Brooklyn. How are the kangaroos?"

1 comment:

Sorrow said...

I am still laughing as I type,,,
How are the kangaroos in Brooklyn?
Sounds like FUN!