Monday 5 November 2007

Dancing in the Street..........

Anyone who has ever stayed with me has probably been to the Green Bamboo at Panania for dinner. It is a funky Vietnamese restaurant, usually fairly quiet. Last night, however, it was GOING OFF!! Who knew what goes on there some Sunday nights? My friend invited me to share a table of eight at "Entertainment Night". She said they have a female impersonator who is really funny....OK, I said, I'll go........
and it was a great night. An irreverant comedian with a terrific voice singing old 60's ballads, she (he?) really had the room buzzing. The grand finale ended up with a conga line snaking out into the street where we stopped traffic and actually danced in the street.....I've always liked that song, and now I've actually done it!

2 comments:

Annie said...

It's never like that when you take me!!

Anonymous said...

A great restaurant, great friends, great entertainment and a great time! You are blessed. I'm glad you had a wonderful time.