Saturday 27 October 2007

A few of my favourite things.....












I love looking at the beautiful rooms on this site, but I've decided I still love my own humble abode! At the risk of sounding like a demented member of the Von Trapp family, above are a few of my favourite things. To my mind, home should be a place that you return to after a holiday or a hard day at work and have that "Yes!! I'm home!" feeling. Oh and yes, I have a thing for odd chairs. I have three or four in the garage awaiting TLC. Two of them I couldn't part with when I moved here 8 years ago. There is nowhere to put them in this house, so I'm thinking of doing one up to take to work- my own special "teacher's" chair?!?

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

A perfect definition of home - I couldn't agree with you more! To have a place where you feel safe, secure and love is one of the greatest gifts we can give ourselfves and family. Love your photos.

Anonymous said...

It's so comforting to have our 'favourite things' around us and more often than not they have nothing to do with how much they cost. Thanks for sharing your special treasures.

Brandi Reynolds said...

hey, I love the sound of music-nothing demented about that! :-)

LOVE that plate in the first pic-gorgeous!

and thank you for the comments on my last post. I think you may be right about the travel anxiety and this is something I am just now exploring.

Your insight was so appreciated!

Sorrow said...

Wow, I thought I was the only chair-a-holic in the world. I have them all over and I have an attic with ones from my Great Gran, I can't part with..
Home, it's blessed isn't it?