Wednesday 12 September 2007

Stay on Course...


I made myself late for a meeting by stopping to take a photo of these lime green leaves through the flyscreen - they looked so good! I guess it comes under the adage of "stop and smell the roses". We rush around and don't really notice the little things. I'm always tolerant of the absent-minded kids in my class, because I realise that they are probably thinking of a million interesting things at once. It's my challenge to make my lessons interesting enough to engage their minds. The most absent-minded of all are the gifted and/or creative thinkers- if you are one of those people, be sure to give yourself time to think. Real life will wait for you to return!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I've been told my whole life that I'd forget my head if it wasn't screwed on...and it's true...my mind is always wandering and dreaming! I wish I'd had a teacher or two that thought like you, but alas, our culture generally, doesn't reward the absent minded dreamers of the world!
I'm so glad there are people like you in the school system Cate!

patti said...

Now this photo can be the subject of your next painting. I've always been absent minded and it gets me into trouble all the time!