Monday 17 September 2007

A musical weekend


Music is an important part of my life - maybe because I love movies I need a soundtrack! Listening to my favourite CD, loud, on Saturday and Sunday mornings is one of my "simple pleasures". I paint to music, do yoga to music, do housework to music..........you get the picture. This weekend was particularly musical - I went to see a 1980's pub rock band, Noiseworks, with some people from work on Saturday night; on Sunday afternoon Eliza and I went to see the Irish film "Once" which is almost a musical. It was a gentle, understated story which nevertheless made me cry at the end - it was so much like real life. Then straight to Fish Records to buy the soundtrack, which I'm listening to right now............

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great post! Music is important to me as well. I often find myself responding to others (and situations) with a song (at least in my head). When around family I frequently break out in song (loud, not good) and I believe my two oldest daughters lived in fear that I would do so around their friends! They have this habit now, and when we're together it is magic.

Anonymous said...

I can't do housework without music, it's just natural :)

Hi I'm Danielle, one of the "Aussie Fans" of Kal's website. Just wanted to say hi and feel free to browse my blog. I live out in Windsor NSW.

I have 2 Black Labradors and just got married this year. I'm 22 and applying to Uni 2008 (Photography).

ciao