Sunday, 27 May 2007

Start Anywhere

Thanks to kate i and her link to the fabulous lovelife.typepad.com/my_weblog
I decided to pick up my watercolour pencils and sketch a piece of the orange trumpet vine coming to life in my front yard. I really enjoy the focus that comes to me when I am sketching - it is the one time I am totally "in the moment" - my mind is usually very busy! The challenge this time was to spritz the sketch with water when I'd finished. I usually dampen the pencils as I work with them.
I was really happy with the result- go with the flow, indeed! I'll post a photo of the vine when it is in full bloom- brilliant colour all through winter is the gift from this climbing plant. No, I wasn't procrastinating- the reports are done!!

5 comments:

Annie said...

Lovely botanical drawing- we have the same vine at school over a pergola.
It would make a good 'frame' for a poem.........

Sally said...

The Panania Dendy - now wouldn't THAT be something! Fabulous thing to wish for!

welcome to my universe said...

Beautiful sketch. I haven't tried spritzing watercolour pencils, but the effect here is lovely.

Kate I said...

Beautiful!...I really like the soft effect you got here and I'd love to see the photo when the vine is in it's full glory.

Kal said...

BEAUTIFUL WORK! I love it. I love, love, love that you are grabbing fruits, plants and the beauty before you to CREATE things.

Very cool.